• The city of Biskra is one of the Algerian cities that was founded 30,000 years ago, and the Romans called it Adpsenam, then the name Vesra, and it was named after that wadi al-Qadir during the reign of Yuba II, one of the Numidian kings, and in the days of the Islamic conquest rule it was called Al Arabah.
• The city belongs administratively to the wilaya of Biskra and is considered its capital, and it rises one hundred and twenty meters above sea level. It is nicknamed the desert gate; because it is a link between the northern and southern sides of Algeria.
• The population of Biskra: its population reached 60,000 thousand people, according to statistics in 1966 AD, and according to statistics in 2008 AD, its population reached 205,680 thousand people, and its residents speak Arabic and the Berber language (Amazigh language), which are considered an official language in Algeria.
• The city contains many historical, Roman and Islamic monuments, and tourist and natural attractions, including: The old town hall that was built in the year 1896 AD, and Islamic monuments such as the shrine of Sidi Zerzour, the shrine of Abd al-Rahman al-Akhdari, the mosque of Uqba ibn Nafi al-Fihri, the corner of Awlad Jalal, the mosque of Sidi Abderrazak, the mausoleum of al-Fatih, the oasis, shrine of Khaled bin Sinan al-`Abasi, and the gate of Al Mahdi mosque. Natural landmarks such as palm orchards, Jardin Landon, Khenguet Sidi Nadji, the village of Djemina, M'Chouneche, Aïn Zaatout mountains. There are also Roman landmarks such as Lichana, El Kantara, Djemorah, and Zeribet El Oued as well as M'Lili, the old Tolga, T'huda fort, El Haouch of Biskra, and El Feidh, in addition to other landmarks such as the corner of al-Sadiq bl-Hajj, the café of Biskra, the tourist road of Djemorah Branis, Bordj Ben Azzouz, and the corner of Abdel Hafiz al-Khanqi.