• The province of Hama is one of the oldest inhabited areas in the world. Its history dates back to the first stone ages, estimated at seven thousand years, with an area of 8,883 km 2.
The name refers to the meaning of the name of the city "Hama" to the castles and forts. In some of the eastern languages, the fortresses are called "Hamamat" and the name of the city is derived from the citadel. , As it is also called "City of Nuits", "Father of redemption".
• Geography of Hama: Hama Governorate is geographically located in the center of the Syrian Arab Republic, bordered on the north by Aleppo, Idlib, and on the west by Lattakia and Tartous. It is located on the eastern side of Al-Raqqa Governorate and Homs Governorate. It is bordered by the southern side of Homs Governorate. The region also has a variety of topography: the coastal plains, the valleys, mountain heights, Forests, and springs.
• As for the Syrian coast, the distance of 210 km, and the passage of the river Al-Asi from the city given great importance as a crossing point to move between the Syrian regions, in addition to supplying water houses and facilities by Nweir for distribution to orchards and irrigation. According to history, The territory of the province was the home of primitive man, and confirmed the tools and the effects found there.
• Climate: It is characterized by a diverse and varied climate between the regions of the province, where the summer climate is refreshing summer, moderate climate in the plains and the warm climate in the mountains. • The population of Hama: Hama is one of the largest governorates in Syria in terms of the fourth class population, with a population of about 2.1 million. The official language of the population is Arabic, and the population condemns the 92% of the population. Christians account for 8% of the population.
• Division of administrative protections: "Hama province" to eleven cities, and to five areas, to a large number of villages, towns and farms, are as follows:
The cities are: Hama, Souran, Altamneh, Hilalaya, Salameh, Kafarzita, Maharada, Taybeh al-Imam, Sahlab and al-Siklibia.
- Their areas are: Hama, Mahrada, the jungle, the resorts, and the sound.
_ The towns: Ayu, Awaj, Taldara, Sha'an, Ain Halaqim, Reda, Saboura, Qalqat Al Middiq, Buri Al Sharqi, Qahmana and Wadi Al Oyoun.
- From its villages: Kawkab, Rabiah, Deir Mamma, Sheikh Hilal, Tal Qaratal, Kafr Hod, Bayadiya, Baerin, Tirmisa, Deir Shmeil, Asharana, Baerin, Beit Natar, Khirbat Al-Hjamah and Nisaf. - - Farms: are: Btish, Umm Khraiza, Rishi, Jalma, and Bqsq.
• History of Hama: History of Hama:
"Waterwaters" Hama is famous for its seventeen boreholes, which are constantly moving wooden water machines that spread over the shores of the Orontes River and play an important role in transporting water from the Asi River to an upper basin, relying on its own boxes, In turn, the water flows into channels that are carried by arches to be distributed to the city and its orchards. The largest diameter of Naoura is about 22.5 meters.
- "Shazar Fortress" located along the river Oasi, which was built in the late fourth century BC, was named "Larissa" in the Saluki era.
- "Castle Mzayef" built by the Romans in the year forty-four BC.
- "Shamishmis castle" located in the city of the sound, and built by princes Shamsifram.
- Mirza Castle, a Byzantine fortress built in the late 10th century AD.
The fortress is located in the center of the city of Hama. It is considered an important historical tourist destination. The Ministry of Tourism has given special attention to it, and it has established its own parks and parks. Its history dates back to 6000 BC.
The Grand Mosque is located to the south-west of the citadel in the city district. The mosque has been transformed into three different civilizations in the language and religion: pagan, then Christian, Islamic. This mosque is the fifth mosque built in Islam, The two Ayyubid kings (Al-Mansour and Almazfar).
- "Mosque of Nuri" built mosque Nuri in the year one hundred and sixty-three AD, and includes a beautiful archaeological platform, and has a minaret with a square shape.
- "Mosque of Abu al-Fida" built by the historian Ismail Abu al-Fida, who is the king of Hama in 1326 AD.
- "National Museum" Museum of popular traditions baths and taverns.